Human Resources Manager
Industry: Printing/Product Identification
We will be reviewing applications for Q1 of 2019
This fast growing, commercially focused and dynamic market leader is looking for a high potential early career Human Resources Manager to join our Human Resources team in Wood Dale IL as an individual contributor.
The HR Manager will act as a Business Partner and work with business leaders and associates to provide HR services in a proactive and solution-oriented manner, aligned with the business strategy for assigned client groups. The HR Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and active support to assigned client functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Talent Acquisition (20%): Initiate the recruitment process for assigned client group(s). Duties include understanding staffing needs, vetting specifications of various roles, acting as point-person for requisition approval process, interviewing, creating and receiving approvals of equitable offers, and on-boarding plans of new hires. Assist managers in writing and maintaining job descriptions.
• Talent Development (20%): Drive identified staffing actions for assigned client groups, consult with and train management to create associate development and succession plans to improve bench strength and achieve Talent Review objectives.
• Performance Management (20%): Establish and drive applicable goals and competencies aligned with the Performance Management process. Work with managers and associates to identify and address performance related issues. Provide coaching and support to managers on corrective action items including performance improvement plans and discipline issues.
• Associate Relations (15%): Apply conflict management and communication skills to facilitate resolution when associate-to-associate or manager-to-associate conflict arises. Investigate (interview, gather evidence, consult legal) allegations of employee misconduct including harassment, discrimination, etc. Guide management on disciplinary and termination procedures. Engage HRBP as needed for advice and counsel.
• Training (15%): Identify training needs in the organization in conjunction with the HR team. Train associates and managers on various content (i.e. performance process, development process, benefits, new hire orientation, leadership).
• Compensation (5%): Analyze and understand compensation programs for assigned client groups including annual merit review and incentive programs. Benchmark external salary data for competitiveness and ensure equity across the organization. Ensure proper system administration of compensation process and records (e.g. grade changes, promotions, salary changes, etc.). Coordinate, review and submit for final approval merit pay plans and annual incentive plans.
• General Support (5%): Perform timely exit interviews and record data to be analyzed for retention purposes. Coordinate unemployment responses.
You should have - Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in HR, Business Management or other related discipline.
• Master’s Degree or Professional HR certification preferred.
• 5-7 years’ experience HR administration in a high growth, changing environment with a solid track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives.
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote).
• Experience using Workday HRIS Software & Taleo application tracking system is desired.
You will show these qualifications
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Executive presence required for effective interactions with senior members of the leadership team
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency.
• Proven ability to successfully tackle complex situations.