Sr. Product Manager
Industry: Medical Device
The Product Manager is responsible for the development of the product strategy, roadmap and revenue and profitability objectives for Intra-Oral Imaging devices. The Senior Product Manager leads voice of customer, product development, segmentation, branding, and growth initiatives for assigned product lines across multiple brands. This position requires leadership and strong collaborative execution in the areas of life-cycle management, product plans, new product development programs, marketing, customer research, commercialization, and implementation of the go-to market product strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Product and Portfolio Strategy:
- Gather Voice of Customer, Voice of Sales and Voice of Dealer to drive product roadmap decisions. Articulates requirements needed for feature development to R&D.
- Identify and explore new and adjacent technologies, and partner with engineering teams to explore feasibility for inclusion in product roadmap.
- Create and gain approval on business cases for new projects to develop new products and services.
New Product Development and Commercialization:
- Lead analysis on product features, priorities, and value proposition of products based on competitive analysis, customer needs and market segmentation to advance approved projects through the new product development tollgate process.
- Identify, lead, and implement process or product improvements that contribute to customer experience improvement, top-line growth and margin expansion for the company.
- Partner with global commercial teams to develop and execute on new product launch plans.
Product Line Management:
- Participate in monthly operating reviews to report and present plans on product line sales growth, market share, and critical project priorities.
- Investigate competitive offerings to determine the manufacturers and distributors that are taking share and why they are winning.
- Gather market data and intelligence to make product price and promotion recommendations.
- Identify and explore new business models across HW, SW, and service, and partner with other product managers and global commercial teams to implement in order to drive growth.
- Manage and negotiate price levels on large and/or strategically important deals to maximize gross margin while protecting market share.
- Provide support to the sales force for the application of products and solutions and support requests for product information and training materials.
- Actively engage as a product owner to understand production, quality and sales issues and actively participate in improvements and solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering.
- 5 or more years of relevant technical product management or project management experience in related technical or software product markets.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- MBA preferred
- Experience in Medical Device, Dental Equipment or Consumer Products background preferred.
- Experience in a regulated environment preferred.